When you e-file your tax return, you can choose the IRS Direct option.
With this option you can choose to receive your refund directly from the IRS as a:
- Direct Deposit to your bank account in 7 to 13 days
- Check sent standard mail in 9 to 15 days
- A Prepaid Visa® Card
Benefits of IRS Direct
When you choose the free IRS Direct option, you can easily keep track of your IRS income tax refund status by:
- Accessing check your IRS income tax refund status
- Calling the tax refund status service Toll-Free at 1-800-829-1954
When you log on or call to check the status of your refund, you will receive a message that confirms the expected date of deposit of your income tax refund. For security purposes, this service will not specify the amount of the individual deposits or the accounts to which the deposits were made.
- You can use these services whether you choose to receive your refund as a direct deposit to your personal bank account, or as a check in the mail.
- You must e-file your tax return to take advantage of the IRS Direct option. Madison Tax Service is an authorized IRS e-filer.